Supposedly you are a high school athlete who want to continue his sports career and has high hopes in entering the varsity when you go to college. You are confident enough that you will be able to attract the attention of college varsity coaches who might offer you some scholarship money that will help you a lot with regards to your college studies. You are aware that studying in college is expensive, and your parents may not afford it. Thus, you are using your talent as your capital in getting into any college sports scholarship program and at the same time continue your passion—being an athlete.
Thus, you need to start some research so that you will be able to arrive with a college sports scholarship program. But where will you start? Getting a college sport scholarship is probably a new thing to you, and definitely you will start from scratch, constantly wondering where to beginyour researching tasks.
How about getting the famous Peterson’s guidebook about getting a college sports scholarship? Instead of spending long hours in front of your personal computer and yet ending up with nothing, you may consider reading this guidebook and learn how to grab the best college sports scholarship that will match your college needs.
Published in August of 2004, this Peterson’s guidebook complete title is Peterson’s Sports Scholarship and College Athletic Programs, which is an “all-inclusive, college-by-college look at different college sports scholarships, intercollegiate athletic programs, and other financial information that is intended for high school athletes who want to continue playing at intercollegiate level and at the same time having the financial difficulty of getting to college”.
Sounds interesting, doesn’t it?
It scans different college sports scholarships available in the United States. The guidebook’s content reveals the detail of various athletic programs from over 1,700 two- and four-year schools, including their respective national association and conference affiliations. From this guidebook, you will also get the names and contact numbers of college team coaches, descriptions of sports facilities, and graduation rates for student-athletes. In addition, it also lists around 30 types of sports games (everything from basketball to wrestling), both for men and women as well as their cross references from other schools offering those sports. Thus, you will be able to check if your sport is among the ones that offers college sports scholarship.
Here is the summary of the contents of Peterson’s Sport Scholarship and College Athletic Programs:
• The Recruiting Process, which tackles finding your perfect fit with regards to college athletics, and other recruitment-related issues.
• Coach’s Forum, which includes views of head coaches of different sports in various colleges and universities across the United States.
• The NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Guide for College-Bound Student Athlete, which tackles the eligibility-requirements of student athlete to different college sports scholarships as well as NCAA initial-eligibility clearinghouse.
• The alphabetical listings of various college athletic programs.
• Indexes, which include geographic listings of various college athletic programs, which is also sorted according to the sport and division where it belongs.
Through the Peterson’s Sport Scholarship and College Athletic Programs Guidebook, you will be able to reach your dream of becoming a college-bound student athlete while at the same time getting your college degree. It is the best gift that you can give to yourself, so do not ever miss the opportunity to do so.
Speak Your Mind
You must be logged in to post a comment.